1900 New Public Elementary School Built on Main Street

1900 12th July Foundation Stone of Cullybackey Orange Hall Laid

1901 Outbreak of Typhoid in Cullybackey

1902 LOL960 Total Abstinence formed at Dunnygarron

1905 Souterain Found at Markstown

1906 Electricity Installed in Cuningham Memorial  Presbyterian Church

1907 Hillmount Flute Band Opening of New Practice Hall

1907 Cullybackey National Schools Renamed Buick Memorial Public Elementary School in Memory of Rev Dr George Raphael Buick

1908 Cuningham Memorial Hall was Erected

1908 Cullybackey at the beginning of the Nineteenth Century

1913 9th August Unionist Club Formed in Cullybackey

1914 Beekeepers Association Formed

1914 Cricket Club Re-Formed

1914 Golf Club Opened

1922 New Golf Course at Park Craigdun Opened

1926 Fenagh Orange Hall Erected as a Memorial to Captain The Hon. Arthur O’Neill M.P. for Mid-Antrim Officially Opened

1927 Duke and Duchess of Abercorn Visit Cullybackey and Hillmount Bleach Works

1929 Tennis Courts and Bowling Green Opened

1929 A Private Census of Cullybackey gave the population of Cullybackey to be 757

1930 Reformed Presbyterian Church Hall Opened

1931 Cullybackey Young Farmer’s Club Formed

1936 Cullybackey Scout Group Formed

1937 Dunnygarron Orange Hall Opened

1938 Cullybackey Women’s Institute Formed

1938 Diamond Primary School Opened

1943 Glarryford Young Farmers Club Formed

1945 Dunnygarron Social Club Started

1945 Young People’s Fellowship Started

1946 Cullybackey Branch Apprentice Boys of Derry Formed

1950 23rd November Child Welfare Centre Set Up

1951 Census Population of Cullybackey 624

1951 Fenagh Wolf Cub Pack Re-Started in November

1952 Paddy McNeilly, Cullybackey Cyclist Beats Irish End-to-End Record

1953 Captain Tom Haughton Killed at Nutt’s Corner

1954 Cullybackey Elim Church Opened – Pottinger Street

1956 Maine Angling Club Formed

1961 Census Population of Cullybackey 758

1963 Maine Works Closed

1966 Population of Cullybackey 728

1968  Saturday 12th October At 3PM Cullybackey Methodist Church Laying of Foundation Stone for New Church At Shellinghill Road.

1968 Kilmakevit Housing Estate Was Built

1969  13th September At 3PM New Methodist Church and Halls Opening and Dedication

1973 Glarryford Railway Station Closed 2nd July 1973

1976 Cullybackey Railway Station Closes

1982 Cullybackey Railway Station Reopened (28th June)

1988 Dedication and Opening of New Elim Pentecostal Church, Shellinghill Road,  Cullybackey

1990 Mr Bertie McNiece Retires as Headmaster of the Diamond Primary School, Cullybackey

1994 The Three Chimneys at the Maine Works Were Demolished on the 24th September

Total Page Visits: 2504 - Today Page Visits: 3